What Personal Information Do We Collect?
- Information You Give Us: We collect information from you when you register on the site, place an order, or fill out any forms. We may ask you for your name, e-mail address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information or other information.
- E-mail Communications: We often receive a confirmation when you open an e-mail from Trains in the Valley.
- Cookies: See below.
- Note: You may visit our site anonymously.
- Cookies are unique identifiers that we transfer to your device (if you allow) to enable our systems to recognize your device and capture and remember certain information.
- To enhance your customer experience.
- To help us remember and process the items in your shopping cart.
- To help us compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interaction to improve our website in the future.
- Note: We contract with third-party service providers to assist us in better understanding our site visitors. These service providers are not permitted to use the information collected on our behalf except to help us conduct and improve our business.
How Do We Use Your Information?
- To personalize your site experience and to allow us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested.
- To allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests.
- To quickly process your transactions.
- To administer site features.
How Secure Is My Information?
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- Please sign off of shared computers to protect your account.
Do We Sell Your Information?
- We do not sell or trade your information.
Can I Remove My Information?
- Yes: Please use our contact form to request that we delete your information from our database.
- Please Note: We may still maintain information about an individual sales transaction in order to service that transaction and for record keeping.
What About Links to Other Websites?
- Linked sites have separate and independent privacy policies.
- We take no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of these linked sites.
- We seek to protect the integrity of our site and welcome any feedback about these linked sites.
Where Can I Find Updates To This Policy?
- This page will reflect any changes to this policy.
- Please check back as often as you like.
This policy was last modified on March 29, 2017.